Zest is an independent local estate agent and property specialist, selling and letting properties across the Bath and surrounding areas. We are looking for someone with a winning personality to join our team as a Property Consultant.
How would you describe your character!?
At Zest, qualifications and experience are important to us but we don’t assume they’re going to tell us anything about your character. Having the right energy and savvy is as important to us as having the right education. The things you learn can only complement who you are – and in our book, who you are counts for a whole lot.
So what do we look for at Zest? Well, by your nature and outlook on life you will enjoy working with people. You’ll be attentive. You smile freely. You’re often lively, energetic and fun to be around. You are also confident, organised, ambitious and full of enthusiasm with a ‘can do’ attitude.
What about us!?
Not only are we Bath’s best loved Estate Agent, having won numerous national awards, like you, we have ambition, and as an independent we can be innovative and creative which means that our team’s ideas are valued and there are always rewards for organisation and initiative. We invest in our people, will give you all the support you need, and want every member of our team to experience a career definitely worth having!
And the position!?
You will take ownership of one of our ever-growing property portfolios. It will be a stimulating position with real potential for career progression for someone who works well in a fast-paced environment and possesses exceptional customer service skills. No two days will ever be the same, but some of the key responsibilities of this role will include:
- Effectively market available properties within your portfolio
- Arranging professional photography of lettings properties
- Listing new and existing properties to our website and property portals, creating property brochures and window cards
- Proactively advertising available properties to the existing Zest database including mail and phone outs, and upselling other property consultant’s available properties where necessary
- Daily management of all property and new client leads
- Conducting property viewings and following up every viewing with an email and a phone call to the prospective tenant within 24 hours
- Negotiating property applications between landlords and tenants
- Conduct pre-tenancy inspections during the marketing process
- Undertaking periodic inspections of let properties and creating accompanying reports for the landlord
- Liaising with local and national companies to arrange for repairs to be completed in a timely manner, at a competitive price and to a high standard.
- Ensuring that all properties remain compliant with current legislation
- Sourcing and introducing new contractors to the business, including collection of public liability insurances
- Negotiating deposit returns at the end of a tenancy
Essential Experience/Skills Required:
- Customer service is essential, including negotiation skills and dealing with challenging situations.
- Proficient in the use of Microsoft office packages including Word, Excel and Outlook as well as other systems such as databases or client relationship software.
You will also be professional, hard working, innovative and passionate; effective in truly engaging with the customer and their needs.
At Zest, all of our team members work hard on a daily basis and consistently strive to achieve great customer service. But we also enjoy and celebrate our successes; we have an inspiring Bath office to do business from and this Property Consultant role comes with a progressive renumeration package in return for your commitment to our values.
You would be expected to work Monday – Friday, with the exception of one Saturday per month where you would receive a day in lieu.
If you would like innumerable opportunities to build an exciting career within a flourishing business, please click the button below to complete a short application.